I live in the Twin Cities, land of 10,000 worthy nonprofits, and it was very hard to choose just one organization, so I made a list, and Animal Humane Society quickly rose to the top for me. These are some of my reasons:
- They have been a significant part of my life, from the time I was a very young child and still today, as I mentioned above.
- They are making a meaningful, measurable difference not only to me, but also in the community.
- They are an accountable, transparent organization with an impeccable record, and as a fundraising consultant, that is very important to me. I need to know I’m giving and supporting organizations that are fiscally viable, honest and transparent.
- I know many of the staff and I am continually impressed by how much they accomplish. In fact, they placed more than 14,000 animals in homes in their last fiscal year!
- Everyone I’ve talked to has a story about how the Animal Humane Society has positively affected his or her lives.
These are a few of the reasons I support the Animal Humane Society. It is such an exciting opportunity to fundraise for them at to have a chance to help them to continue to do the important work of helping animals and the community.
I would really love your support for Twive & Receive on June 14th. Register now to be reminded on June 14th to give!